1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to a second daughter.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t have any. Won’t make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Myself, our friend Sara, our friend Liz.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I chose to enjoy my country of origin.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Ummm, cash and free time?
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 14th and May 15th. The former being the last night I spent alone with Briar and the latter being the day that finally brought us Avery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See #’s 1 & 7.
9. What was your biggest failure?
October Discover bill payment, or lack thereof.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
There was the viloent stomach bug I had at 8.5 months pregnant that presented me with the distinct honor of vomitting in the carpeted lobby of my workplace.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Without question the Eureka Uno or our Outback.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Briar’s. After 2 relatively short weeks she accepted the arrival of her sister.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
So many candidates, so not willing to divulge in this forum.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Siding and Huggies.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Invincible, or as we call it Broken Stuff.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier in a new way. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, oh so very much thinner. c) richer or poorer? Richer in life.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I am fairly uncritical of what I managed to accomplish in ’06…cannot believe I just said that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Done spent it marvelling at the ability our girls have of making everything magical.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yup, it was at first sight when they put our second daughter in my arms.
22. How many one-night stands?
None of those, but plenty of all-nighters as we tried to introduce our girls to overnights away (much better to do in a cabin unattached to others than in a 5 star resort with people next door.)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is pretty strong, maybe just the drunk who crashed near our home, and that’s really settled into more pity than hate.
25. What was the best book you read?
Larry Miller, Spoiled Rotten in America…really it’s just the most recent, but it’s hilarious.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The off switch on Briar’s piano.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
Can’t think of anything. Or if Sean is reading: slippers.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Gave the girls their first bath together. 33.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
3 more hours a day.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Aiming for as close to clean as possible.
33. What kept you sane?
Sean. And WNTW on Friday nights…ooh, it’s Friday afternoon as I type this!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The mayoral debacle in the town I call home.
36. Who did you miss?
The cast of West Wing. John Spencer.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
You simply cannot please all people at all times. Ever.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Excerpt from Me & My Gang. So many afternoons dancing with a daughter in each arm.
Thanks to Linda at All & Sundry for this MEME. Happy New Year to all!