I have come to accept that until I finally come face to face with this energetic life kicking around inside my belly, I am just going to be confused. The pregnancy ditz-state has rocked this mama to the core this time around, I’d offer examples, but of course I can’t remember any. Perhaps I can rope Sean into guest posting for your reading pleasure, until then, bare with me.
I checked my inbox this evening during a What Not to Wear commercial break. I had not one, but two meme tags. Not that big a deal, say some of you, but when the tags come from an “Angie” and an “Anglea” and you’re me? It’s a big deal. I must have clicked back and forth three times…
“Is it the same?”
“Are there two?”
“No, it’s Angie, but wait, that’s Angela, but two?”
“The same day? Same name.”
“Naw, it’s a double publish…”
The rules: list a word that describes you for every letter of the alphabet. Offer as much or as little explanation as you wish. Please keep the words positive (for example, don’t use “fat” for F or “lame” for L), and feel free to get creative. Tag as many or as few people as you wish. Link back to your tagger and forward to your taggees.
coughing…we are all still sick
delirious…we are all still madly in love
nocturnal on-demand, if you get my nursing drift
va va va voom
xx did I mention our anatomy scan, wherein we might learn the gender, as in xx or xy of this baby, is Monday morning?
Rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I generally love movies and fall into the predictable stereotype, getting slightly weepy exactly ten seconds into a trailer and winding up with chills as I rub my arms saying, “Ooo, I want to see that.” However, and this is a big however, the movie currently being shoved down my throat with Kelly Russell and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, so help me it looks like the worst thing ever to be trotted out by the studios. I’d sooner watch an Olsen twin tackle Shakespeare then pay to see August Rush. It has absolutely nothing that draws me in, and in fact, after the commercials end I get angry because the story sounds great, but the actors, the look, I detest it all and resent the advertising blitz.
2. I do not understand how a “Fluff sandwich” can be considered food.
3. Anything raspberry flavored, real or artificial, activates my gag reflex.
4. I am getting my hair cut tomorrow.
5. The portion I have come to accept as a serving size with regard to banana peppers is just shy of one jar.
6. I put on a fresh pair of socks to go to sleep in the winter.
7. I am literally unable to purchase cosmetics or lotions for myself that cost more than $8, though I long for the good stuff.
8. I have an obsession with preventing the squirrels in our neighborhood from eating from our bird feed out front. Thus far the only effective means of doing this is keeping the damn thing empty and they still come and maniacally rub their verminy little claw-paws together, licking their lips and bobbing their heads in search of more $15 a bag wild bird food.
I’m not tagging anyone because at this late hour I know I’ll blow a link. Wait, I take that back. For the alphabet meme I want to tag a couple of women whose choice of words always delight me and who I know have, on occasion, seen themselves in a way that denies them the truth of their arresting beauty and exceptional intelligence. So, Miz Flutter and Mrs. Chicken, dazzle us with a little alphabetized self-love, will ya?
Ok, whew. Done.